FINANCIAL SYSTEMS ANALYST
INVEST OTTAWA– FINANCE AND CORPORATE SERVICES
Do you love making processes more efficient? Do you have a passion for problem solving and innovation? Are you interested in joining a collaborative team? If yes, we strongly encourage you to apply to our posting and join the Invest Ottawa Team!
WHY THIS ROLE:
Reporting to the Director, Finance, the Financial Systems Analyst will be responsible for improving, monitoring and supporting Invest Ottawa and Bayview Yards financial system. You will also work closely with our accounting team to perform analysis of accounting data, build reports and document and automate our current processes.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Performing as functional lead on the improvements related to the recently installed accounting software and the implementation of enhancements related to it (such as a new expense software)
- Reviewing current challenges and designing/suggesting system solutions and improvements to support end user experience
- Integrating current project accounting requirements such as the claim, forecast and budget reporting into new system
- Working with the System Information Strategist to Integrate Business Central with Microsoft Dynamics
- Performing system upgrades as required including but not limited to requirements gathering, documentation, configuration set up, testing and training
- Performing all system related maintenance including modifying system menus, editing existing reports, and troubleshooting system errors
- Designing and building new reports using the system report writer, Power BI, or excel as needed
- Developing, implementing and documenting workflows that help streamline and automate repeatable business tasks, minimizing room for errors and increasing overall efficiency of the finance team
- Recommending process improvements and leading implementation of the initiatives within the finance team
- Contributing to preparation of monthly and quarterly financial analysis schedules
- Ensuring that internal controls, financial policies, and procedures as it relates to the financial system are maintained and well documented with the support of the Director.
- Working with the Director and department managers to prepare annual budgets and forecasts and to improve use of the system
- Ensuring that integrity is maintained of the finance system and other supporting systems
- Performing special projects to improve process efficiency and performance
- Cross training as back-ups for other staff in the case of emergencies
- Other duties as assigned by one’s manager
WHAT YOU HAVE ACCOMPLISHED/GAINED:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
- 3+ years of experience with Microsoft Business Central or Microsoft NAV
- 3+ years of experience with report creation, ideally supporting financial reports
- 5+ years of experience in system support with 5+ years supporting Finance systems
- Accounting designation (CPA or equivalent) preferred
- Experience with the installation and maintenance of an ERP or accounting system
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting procedures and principles including accounting controls
- Comfortable with new technologies: ability to learn new accounting and CRM applications quickly
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite, with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking
- Strong math skills are required to complete day-to-day tasks
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities and tight deadlines
Do you have some of these skills but maybe not all? We still encourage you to apply as we would love to review your unique application and learn more about you!
At Invest Ottawa and Bayview Yards, we know that diversity, inclusion and a sense of belongingness are critical success factors for globally competitive organizations and are required to drive sustainable wealth creation and prosperity across our region. We prioritize the creation of an inclusive culture and infuse diversity into our programs, operations and governance. As an equal opportunity employer that doesn’t simply accept difference but celebrates, support and thrives because of it, we invite all qualified candidates to apply, and especially encourage those who identify as members of underrepresented groups.
Invest Ottawa and Bayview Yards are determined to provide a barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you require accommodation during any phase of the evaluation process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request specialized accommodation. Do know, all information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
At Invest Ottawa and Bayview Yards, we are focused on doing better and committed to leading by example because it’s what’s best for us, our culture and our community.